The Health Equity Institute (HEI) at San Francisco State University seeks a new Director. HEI is a campus-wide multidisciplinary research unit that facilitates scientific research and community practice related to health equity. The HEI Director directs administration of the unit; creates an intellectual home at SF State for health equity research and practice; mentors faculty and works collaboratively in the development and management of externally funded projects; and maximizes funders’ understandings of HEI’s capacities to address issues of health equity. The Director also works collaboratively to strengthen the university’s research environment, supporting faculty in their diverse health-related scholarly pursuits, and ensures the participation students in HEI’s work, bolstering the university’s overarching efforts to increase student success.
The successful candidate will have:
• A doctoral degree and evidence of a productive academic career in any discipline within the basic, health, social or behavioral sciences, or other field relevant to issues of health equity;
• A record that would merit tenure at SF State, at the rank of Full Professor. In addition to those who currently hold Full Professor positions, exceptionally productive Associate Professors, and individuals who hold senior positions in nonacademic settings, are also encouraged to apply.
• Conducted substantial scientific research concerning issues of health equity;
• Success in obtaining extramural funding for scientific research relevant to health equity from federal agencies (e.g., NIH, NSF) and philanthropic foundations, as well as experience working on projects funded by other sources (e.g., state and local governments, private sources).
• Experience as a team leader in the preparation of grant applications for – and the management of – interdisciplinary scientific research projects, as well as in mentoring junior faculty, postdoctoral fellows, staff, and graduate students;
• Strong relationships with government agencies, philanthropic foundations, research and policy organizations, and community-based organizations; and
• A deep understanding of linkages between scientific research, community practice, and policy relating to issues of health equity.
For full consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by October 1, 2017. Position is open until filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications. This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
For the full job description and to apply, visit :http://hr.sfsu.edu/Employment_HRMS/employment/jobs. Search JOB ID: 9558
Please note that the cover letter and CV must be uploaded together in a single document. Only applications submitted through SF State’s website will be reviewed.
SF State is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.