We create multimedia communication tools that speak the voices of communities and inspire change for health equity through a wide-range of activities.
- Community Briefs: We translate our research findings into briefs to share knowledge for action. Read our Community Briefs today.
- Community-Science Dialogues (CSD): CSDs are forums hosted by the Health Equity Institute that bring together researchers with policy makers, local government, community organization staff and other community stakeholders to discuss cutting edge issues at the nexus of science and practice.
- Documentary for Health & Social Justice is a filmmaking class offered by the Health Equity Institute and Cinema department at SF State University. We have over 60 films available on our website and on Youtube. All films have the option to have subtitles in any language.
- E-Update: Our e-Updates are sent quarterly and include the lastest news and events, resources and newest publications. Sign up on our mailing list to receive these updates.
- Health Equity Speaking Series: In 2012 we launched a speaking series where we invite scholars to come and share the work they do with us. These events are an hour long and open to our campus and community partners.
- Infographics: Infographics are a great communication tool which present information, data or knowledge in a visual representation that is quick and easy to digest. Check out our latest infographics today!
- Motion Graphics: Watch HEI's first motion graphic titled 'What is Health Equity?' This three-minute video explains how social, economic, and environmental conditions can create health inequities and how these inequities can affect health disparities. Check it out and share with others!